Well I made it! I'm finally here. It took me 21 hours but I did it, and that is pretty good timing...from what I hear.
I drove from Salt Lake to Lawton Oklahoma, which took me 16 hours. When I got there I stayed with Cyle's mom and dad. I LOVE them! My bed was nicely prepared. It looked like an upscale motel, with a chocolate on my pillow and everything! Thanks mom and dad!
Then the next morning/noon time (when I finally woke up) we went to the Cracker Barrel and had some good cookin. It was a great breakfast and then back on the road!
It was fun driving down from Lawton b/c I got to pass by all the old area's from my mission. I saw the exit for Denton...it took all I had not to take it and drive up and down the streets to find Sister Maxwell, but I was obedient and kept going. Then I passed through the spaghetti bowl in Fort Worth heading right for Cleburne! Well I kept on my path and finally made it to Killeen! At the perfect time too! Cyle and I arrived at his house at the exact same time! That was a warm welcome. :)
We then spent the evening trying to get settled and moved me in with his friend Michelle. Everyday since has been so GREAT!! Its nice to have a fiance in person and actually get to see him. We've established some good habits of exercising in the morning together when he gets done with PT. Then we enjoy a little breakfast together, I usually go and get ready after that while he goes to work but then we meet up for lunch. So great. Then I come back and do just things that need to get done. Planning the wedding ect ect ect. Who knew being laid off from your job would be a blessing?? I didn't. But Cyle did of course :) Then I make dinner, which I'm actually really good at, and we enjoy yet another meal together.
It was nice b/c on Friday Texas had a little snow storm. We saw about an inch and a half of snow, maybe two but that's pushing it. And well with snow like that Texas does not know how to function. haha so lucky for us Fort Hood (and everything else) was shut down and Cyle got the day off! WOO HOO! All day together Friday and Saturday...who could ask for more. We did some shopping, cleaning and planning for the honeymoon! It was great. Sunday we had stake conference which was awesome b/c I got to see all the people I know from the stake not just the ward and I love them! I spoke to the Sister Missionaries, which I've been home so long now I don't know any of them anymore, but she said that they had all been expecting me. Great feeling. It was really funny, a lot of people would look at me a couple times and try really hard to figure out who I was and then it would click...SISTER CLARK!?!? haha great reunion. Then we enjoyed the Sunday afternoon with some friends. Another huge blessing we got was Monday. Cyle had the day off again b/c it was their break day from JRTC (some month long training they did in Louisiana). So how great is that?! 4 day weekend the week I get here. I am truly blessed. We did some more shopping and cleaning. It was fun. I think I could get used to being married. Only a month left!
So life here is fun. I have the coolest, hottest, funnest, best future husband in the world! They always said on the mission that the harder you worked the better of a spouse you'd get...well my hard work paid off way more than I could have ever imagined! So that is our new life. I'm sure with the fun and excitement that goes on around here we'll be having much more blog posts to come.
Miss y'all and love you dearly! I still pray that back in Utah or where ever you may be that God is blessing you! Can't wait to see y'all again at the wedding! XOXO
2 comments:
Gosh I can't wait to meet you Athena! You look and sound just as wonderful as Cyle has described you!! Marriage is wonderful - and challenging at times, but SO worth it. Looking forward to your wedding :)
Hey Athena this is Ashley Kay (Guymon) i found your blog through Jessie Chivers and I am so glad you are doing good, you look happy and Congrats on your engagement, Marriage is AWESOME!! You will love it!! My blog is labkay.blogspot.com!
Post a Comment