Thursday, March 3, 2011

MIRACLES

(Picutre from the hospital with two of my best friends)
This past September I had an unexpected surgery occur. I have to give credit to the hospital b/c I had some of the greatest Dr.'s and nurses that made everything better. I received a blessing in the middle of the night at the hospital that was very promising and brought a lot of peace. Then after 4 days in the hospital and 6 weeks of being laid up, then come the doctor bills. Due to the fact that I was still recently returned from my mission and had just found a job I had no insurance. As everyone knows Dr.'s aren't cheap. So I was then in serious debt from these bills. Due to being laid up for so long I lost my job. Now I'm not complaining because I learned some of the greatest lessons that I've ever learned during this whole ordeal. I'm just stating the facts. So now I'm at a loss of what to do, and how I'm going to pay for this, as I was planning on starting college again shortly.
Around the time of the surgery is when Cyle and I really started talking a lot. Well things between him and I started to get serious and we were really considering life together. As you can imagine as anyone would, Cyle questioned the Dr. bill debt that I had but had faith that everything would work out. He has such great faith.
He and his dad took matters into their own hands without me asking and wanted to help. So after a few months I went to the hospital and applied for a program called Charity Care. Its a non-profit organization that works through intermountain health care. Through a lot of prayer and faith and hope that we could be relieved of some of this debt the Lord had mercy on us! As He always does. We received a letter this week from Charity Care stating that we were approved to receive the financial assistance and our Dr. bill was significantly (understatement) lowered.
As you can imagine when Cyle and I received the letter this week we wanted to jump and shout with joy for the great tender mercies of the Lord! Inside my old born again Christian came out in me and I wanted to throw my hands in the air and yell HALLELUJAH, but we just reverently hugged and thanked the Lord for His goodness.
We just want to say THANKS to Charity Care and the hospital for all they have done. We hope to one day be able to help someone in great ways that we've been helped. We thank the Lord for everything!! I also want to say thanks to ALL of my dear friends. They were all so helpful. They came and stayed with me and kept me company at the hospital. Amanda rushed down right away from Logan just to be with her bestie, thanks manders! Jaime kept me company and helped me around the house for the next 6 weeks and Whitney is the champion that sat took me to the hospital in the middle of the night and stayed with me through it all. And of course my wonderful mother was there by my side for everything. I love you all, thanks for everything!

No comments: