ok ok ok...Courtney here you go! :)
It's only a few and just a brief update but it'll be a while before we get all our pictures back. But when we do...I'll be sure and put them on.
the NIGHT before
For our wedding we had a "rehearsal" dinner. For Mormons that means just getting together and eating more food and laughing.
We did plenty of that!!!
We had our dinner at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building and it was BEAUTIFUL!
We ate a delish meal while listening to the beautiful music by our brother in-law Ken. Simply delightful.
Then Carli (sister in-law) sang a beautiful number to "at last".
Next we introduced fam and then my girls gave Cyle a special survival kit. To know how to deal with my sometimes craziness.
Cyle's friends sure didn't hesitate after that to make him look like a goof. Showing funny pictures of him and a great video!
Cyle and I then told "our" story and that was fun.
My sister Jessica then sang another beautiful number too!
But to wrap things up Dad Adair gave a great speech from a video clip of an old movie. Hilarious!
We ended the night with all the girls staying in a hotel and the guys in theirs. We love our friends!
the BIG day
Woke up and had a chill morning, enjoyed some cont. breakfast and just hung around.
Then started getting ready.
Cyle picked me up from the hotel an took me to the temple. It was so great b/c I got to see my mom right before we went in. And also had the joy of Cyle's parents being with us to enter the temple.
The sealing was amazing!!! Everyone said we wouldn't really remember what was said but we remember tonz and it is incredible stuff!!! A simply amazing experience.
Took pictures afterwards and that was a bit stressful but fun.
We then headed to the resort for our reception!
Zermatt Resort was where we held it and it turned out beautiful! The valet parking was how it started off and then people got to enjoy taking pictures in the photo booth and then walking the line:) It was so fun to see so many people.
The room was beautiful! It turned out much better than I had anticipated for it too.
We cut some cake and then cut the rug! Always a good time.
Then onto the bouquet toss! Amy always wins this game at every wedding!! But at that point she was close to engagement so she didn't need to win it anyways. However she put up a good fight and lost. Whitney won!!! And she didn't even want to do it. You're next Whit!
Everyone blew the bubbles and we took off!
the HONEYMOON
Now, now, now...I'm not going to give too many deets here ;) But we had a great time!
We went to Park City, UT and enjoyed a couple days of snowboarding, hot tubing and just relaxing.
Our hotel was sweet! Our room was literally the roof of Cafe Rio! And on our balcony we had a lagit hot tub! Doesn't get much better than that.
We spent some time in down town park city and saw the Church's Family History Center.
We pulled up Cyles name and family tree and we were already together on there! We've started a tree!! It was so cool to already see our names together. That was a good experience.
We finished up the trip by staying one more night in a bed and breakfast in downtown SLC. HAHA this was hysterical! It looked like Grandma's attic. But it was fun.
We spent the day at the temple, learning more of the promises we made to each other.
The next morning at church a lady greeted us and asked if we were new. We told her just visiting and then I said "are you Sister Allred?" That is right ladies and gents, Sister Silvia H. Allred of the general relief society!! She was awesome!
So things were great fun!! and life has begun. So far so great!!
Here are a few pictures of Cyle and I. Like I said more to come later...
My Photographer was Whitney Lewis and she did great!
the NIGHT before
For our wedding we had a "rehearsal" dinner. For Mormons that means just getting together and eating more food and laughing.
We did plenty of that!!!
We had our dinner at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building and it was BEAUTIFUL!
We ate a delish meal while listening to the beautiful music by our brother in-law Ken. Simply delightful.
Then Carli (sister in-law) sang a beautiful number to "at last".
Next we introduced fam and then my girls gave Cyle a special survival kit. To know how to deal with my sometimes craziness.
Cyle's friends sure didn't hesitate after that to make him look like a goof. Showing funny pictures of him and a great video!
Cyle and I then told "our" story and that was fun.
My sister Jessica then sang another beautiful number too!
But to wrap things up Dad Adair gave a great speech from a video clip of an old movie. Hilarious!
We ended the night with all the girls staying in a hotel and the guys in theirs. We love our friends!
the BIG day
Woke up and had a chill morning, enjoyed some cont. breakfast and just hung around.
Then started getting ready.
Cyle picked me up from the hotel an took me to the temple. It was so great b/c I got to see my mom right before we went in. And also had the joy of Cyle's parents being with us to enter the temple.
The sealing was amazing!!! Everyone said we wouldn't really remember what was said but we remember tonz and it is incredible stuff!!! A simply amazing experience.
Took pictures afterwards and that was a bit stressful but fun.
We then headed to the resort for our reception!
Zermatt Resort was where we held it and it turned out beautiful! The valet parking was how it started off and then people got to enjoy taking pictures in the photo booth and then walking the line:) It was so fun to see so many people.
The room was beautiful! It turned out much better than I had anticipated for it too.
We cut some cake and then cut the rug! Always a good time.
Then onto the bouquet toss! Amy always wins this game at every wedding!! But at that point she was close to engagement so she didn't need to win it anyways. However she put up a good fight and lost. Whitney won!!! And she didn't even want to do it. You're next Whit!
Everyone blew the bubbles and we took off!
the HONEYMOON
Now, now, now...I'm not going to give too many deets here ;) But we had a great time!
We went to Park City, UT and enjoyed a couple days of snowboarding, hot tubing and just relaxing.
Our hotel was sweet! Our room was literally the roof of Cafe Rio! And on our balcony we had a lagit hot tub! Doesn't get much better than that.
We spent some time in down town park city and saw the Church's Family History Center.
We pulled up Cyles name and family tree and we were already together on there! We've started a tree!! It was so cool to already see our names together. That was a good experience.
We finished up the trip by staying one more night in a bed and breakfast in downtown SLC. HAHA this was hysterical! It looked like Grandma's attic. But it was fun.
We spent the day at the temple, learning more of the promises we made to each other.
The next morning at church a lady greeted us and asked if we were new. We told her just visiting and then I said "are you Sister Allred?" That is right ladies and gents, Sister Silvia H. Allred of the general relief society!! She was awesome!
So things were great fun!! and life has begun. So far so great!!
Here are a few pictures of Cyle and I. Like I said more to come later...
My Photographer was Whitney Lewis and she did great!
5 comments:
Oh so BEAUTIFUL beautiful beautiful. I'm so grateful I could witness some of this special day and I'm so GLAD you two remember so much of what was said.
PS you're have a knack for writing. I just adore you and your personality....in person or on paper. You're the best mission bestie!
ps^2 haha just noticed you're in my 'lil pic to the left
and AMEN to your wonderful night before. I kinda developed a crush of sorts on your in-laws. I'm so happy for you!! AND Cyle kind of reminds me of President in ways....like some of his jokes and how amazing he is w/ppl
So happy for you Athena! Can't wait to see more pics. Be happy together FOREVER!!!
Shellie Chivers
Hey I am blog stalking you now! Love your wedding pictures!! Congrats!!
Athena! Thankyou for leaving a note on our blog
so I could find you!! I wish I could have seen you when you visited Flower Mound. We moved to Utah just 3 days after your wedding. Congrats!
I just LOVE your pictures. You look gorgeous!!!
We are so very happy for you and Cyle.
If you are ever in our area please come see us!
All our Love, The Gunters
P.S. My email is kerigunter95@gmail.com
Post a Comment