So let me just say that my husband is a very good decorator. I mean seriously, when I came out to visit him the first time I was seriously impressed with his house! I mean male places don't normally look like that! His was a sweet bachelor pad. It was a comfy welcoming place but definitely had MAN written on it. We'll now that I've joined him I've been doing a few updates to make this bachelor pad a home for our family. So I lay in bed Sunday morning and day dreamed of all the things I wanted to do to it! But it was Sunday...so they remained dreams...until Monday morning rolled around! I spent all day being "crafty". Now mind you I really am not very crafty so doing these projects is always an adventrue. Today I expiremented with modpodge. It went great! And I look forward to using it in the future. Of course being crafty for me consists of a million mess-up's and re-do's but in the end today it turned out pretty good. And I'm very pleased with my guest room now! I had to beautify it since we are having so many guests visit this month. Keep in my mind that my camera is kind of poopy so it looks much better in person. So if you really want to see what it looks like, well come for a visit! We'd love to have you!
Before
After


Ok so lessons learned with these...A: make sure your paper is the same size as your canvas. B: Hobby Lobby canvas is very expensive. C: Wal-Mart does NOT sale canvas that is 12x12. Lame. D:Wet paper before modpodge-ing it to canvas. Trust me. I didn't believe it. Lost my fave piece of paper b/c of my stubborness. D: dont be tired when hanging them and have someone to help you. Or else it turns out not evenly spaced. Oh well. :)

When all is said and done I spent probably like $30. Not too bad for filling 3 walls. And I'm pretty happy with my "craftiness". One day I'll be real good. But for now I like this so much that I tend to make extra trips to the bedroom just to look at it. haha
These are the after pics of the room. Other walls were just empty. So I filled them.
On another note...Who really ends up getting their Christmas wish in November rather than December...ME! Cyle will be home soon! I'm counting the days and holding my breath! He is doing well. I can't give too much deets but he sends his love and well wishes! And he'll be here before I know it! Love that guy!
2 comments:
Looks awesome Athena!!! I am impressed. Do you know when in Nov Cyle comes home??? Hoping someday you guys make it out to AZ to visit :)
love your blog!
Post a Comment