Sunday, May 20, 2012

Miracles

WOW! Is pretty much the only thing that comes to mind.
Let me just first say that it is such a blessing to live in an area where you served your mission.
Sometimes its weird but pretty cool!
So last night we had adult session of stake conference.
Cyle and I were asked to sit on the front row in the chapel by the stake president...I'm still unsure as to why...haha
anyhow, where we were sitting I couldn't see the speakers.
Then President Holland stood and introduced the program.
The first speaker, Michael Ailstock.
This name rang familiar b/c when I was a missionary here in 08-09 we spent much time with a part member family (wife member, husband not) named the Ailstocks.
I thought to my self..."could it be?"
After the prayer and the singing he stood to speak.
...it was him!!!!!
The second he stood to talk tears went streaming down my face!
In 08-09 he was about as aithiest as they come.
He went on to tell how about a year and a half ago he was converted to the gospel and how his life has been touched and changed ever since.
He did such an amazing job at telling of his love for the gospel and how he has now found true happiness.
I got the chance to speak to him and his wife after the meeting and they are so happy!
Her dreams came true.
Its amazing to see the seeds that are planted and to see that years later they grow and bloom.
What a testimony to me that the work is still going forward!
This IS the true church on the earth and our sweet Father sends us tender mercies when we aren't even looking!
The gospel really does change lives and truly does bring lasting and eternal happiness!
Needless to say, that was the BEST adult session ever!!

2 comments:

Carli said...

AMAZING! What a great story! The church IS true. Thanks for sharing your testimony!

Amanda said...

Love this!