Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The bride

Ok ok...I've been chastised and called to repentance!! How dare I not put a picture of me and the lovely bride on my post about her wedding! I know I'm a terrible friend. It seems however, that who ever is the bride kind of gets left out of the great friend pictures. But here is this beautiful picture of the most beautiful bride! My little Amy! She looked so pretty and had such a fun wedding. But honestly its Amy, how could it not be fun!

A little back story of our friendship...It all began when I moved to Ventana. Amanda hadn't yet moved out there and I didn't know a soul out there when I went. I was pretty focused on what I was doing at the time so I kind of kept to my self. But then I decided it was time to make friends. I had this group of guy friends that live in our same complex that I hung out with alot. Adam was one of them. He'll be important to keep in mind during this story. One beautiful night in Orem Utah I was going out on a date. It was my friend Ryan so nothing too serious. The date consisted for riding bullet bikes. I'd never done that and I'll admit that I really had fun. Those bikes, while death machines, are a good time. Don't tell Cyle!! He loves them and we are trying to steer clear of his desire of having one. :) So the date was a double. And the girl just so happened to be Amy!! Amy and I are very different so we didn't really begin a life long friendship at that time. But we did have the chance to meet. Well a week or so later it was a lonely friday night and I wanted to do something. So I called Adam and asked what he was up to for the night. He was going to some party thing, I don't know. But he said I don't think Amy is doing anything tonight you should call her. So I got Amy's number from Adam and the phone call went something like this:
Amy: Hello?
Me: Hey Amy, its Athena! How are you?
Amy: Doing good. How are you?
Me: I'm good. I talked to Adam and he said that you weren't doing anything tonight and well I don't have anything to do either. So I thought maybe we could do something together. ?
Amy: Yeah that sounds AWESOME!! I've been dying to hang out with you b/c I know you are so cool and it would just be my honor to hangout with the goddess of Wisdom. I could use a little more wisdom in my life. :) Ok so those may not have been her exact words, but she did agree that we should hang out.

Well not long after that we went out to dinner and I really don't know what else. But our friendship began and is still going strong. Out of our friends I've been Amy's friend the longest. I think that means something. We're pretty cool and make for great friends.

I must give a shout out to my girl Amy and tell her that I love her so dearly! I'm so proud of her for all that she has done in life. She has been a great inspiration to me. I moved to Orem as a new convert of the Church seeking for a better life. I knew that I was a member now and I wanted to know how to truly be a member of the church and really live up to that. Amy is "the bishop's daughter" and a molly mormon hands down. So I have always loved and admired her for her strength in the Gospel and the amazing example she set for me to know how to be a "mormon". I've looked to her many times to learn about the church. Infact she is the one that taught me why the Book of Mormon is called that. Needless to say, Amy is an awesome friend and I love our friendship that will continue to grow through out the years. I love you Amy!!! Thanks for everything!
And now for the awaited moment....



Many years ago...and recent.

No comments: